Rescue Aid For Animals Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Jade - Pretty 3 year old West Highland Terrier - In Kent

4 posters

Go down

Jade - Pretty 3 year old West Highland Terrier - In Kent Empty Jade - Pretty 3 year old West Highland Terrier - In Kent

Post by FriendsOfTheAnimalsRCT Thu Sep 13, 2012 4:52 pm

Little Jade is a 3 year old West Highland Terrier girl looking for an understanding, patient home. Jade is an ex-breeding girl so has not previously experienced life as a pet living in a home. She is very nervous at the moment but with time and patience she will come out of her shell.

Jade - Pretty 3 year old West Highland Terrier - In Kent SDC10667Jade - Pretty 3 year old West Highland Terrier - In Kent Jade

As with any ex breeder, it is important to leave touching and picking her up until she comes to you for affection. She is starting to get confident enough to ask to come up on the fosterer's lap for cuddles, which is fantastic! Jade is a lovely, lovable little girl and so wants to be affectionate in her own time.

She is crate trained and uses the crate through the day, but as she is getting braver she is wanting to sleep with the fosterer's other dogs who are helping to give her confidence.

Jade is good with other dogs and must live with at least one other confident dog to help show her the ropes in her new home. She has had a couple of interactions with the fosterer's dogs both male and female and is very interested when they are playing, she hasn't yet gained the courage to join in but she watches them with a waggy tail!

As with most ex-breeding dogs, Jade isn't yet house trained. Her fosterer is working on this and she is slowly getting there with lots of encouragement and praise when she goes to the toilet in the right place. This training will need continuing in her forever home.

Jade - Pretty 3 year old West Highland Terrier - In Kent SDC10632

Jade adores her food and can guard slightly from the other dogs however she only needs to be told "no" and she stops.

Oddly enough, Jade also adores the car! She loves going out in it and happily sits watching the world go by. Jade isn't ready for walks yet but her fosterer drives the dogs in the car to the field where they walk and Jade enjoys having a little sniff around the car.

Here's the latest update from her fosterer: "Jade is a totally different dog to the one who arrived a couple of weeks ago. Her confidence improves daily. She now instigates play with my other dogs and loves to chase them, and be chased around the garden. It really is lovely to watch. She wrestles with Daisy and is very puppy like in her ways. She is such a little character and is becoming very mischevious......she stole my trainer yesterday!" Smile

Jade is looking for a quiet and understanding home where she can continue to gain confidence but without her insecurities being reinforced.
She has been spayed, vaccinated and micro chipped.

Jade - Pretty 3 year old West Highland Terrier - In Kent SDC10651Jade - Pretty 3 year old West Highland Terrier - In Kent Jj

Jade is on foster in Crayford, Kent but we home across the UK.
If you're interested in adopting Jade, please read our adoption guidelines and procedure;
http://friendsoftheanimalsrct.org.uk/animalsforadoption.html
Before completing a pre-adoption form;
http://friendsoftheanimalsrct.org.uk/dogadopt.html

If you have any questions then please do ask
FriendsOfTheAnimalsRCT
FriendsOfTheAnimalsRCT
Rescue Representative

http://www.friendsoftheanimalsrct.org.uk

Back to top Go down

Jade - Pretty 3 year old West Highland Terrier - In Kent Empty Re: Jade - Pretty 3 year old West Highland Terrier - In Kent

Post by FriendsOfTheAnimalsRCT Wed Sep 19, 2012 3:57 pm

FOSTERER UPDATE 17/09/12:
"Lovely Jade continues to do well and has turned into a funny, naughty, character! She has 'stolen' my trainers more than once over the weekend and decided she wanted to be the andrex puppy and pulled all the toilet roll from its holder! I know I should have maybe stopped her but it's so lovely to see her doing something so puppy like Smile Plus she loves to have a good old fight with a tug rope..."
Jade - Pretty 3 year old West Highland Terrier - In Kent SDC10685_zps24894a10
FriendsOfTheAnimalsRCT
FriendsOfTheAnimalsRCT
Rescue Representative

Back to top Go down

Jade - Pretty 3 year old West Highland Terrier - In Kent Empty Re: Jade - Pretty 3 year old West Highland Terrier - In Kent

Post by peacefulshade Fri Oct 12, 2012 6:41 pm

Any news on Jade?xx
peacefulshade
peacefulshade
Pound Helpers

Back to top Go down

Post by FriendsOfTheAnimalsRCT Fri Oct 26, 2012 9:12 am

Jade went to the groomers last night - I hardly recognised her when I picked her up. She had to have all her hair cut as she had lots of matts quite close to the skin. I tried to gently brush them out but it was impossible. She's feeling a bit sensitive today but I've put a woolly jumper on her and that seems to have made her a little happier
.Jade - Pretty 3 year old West Highland Terrier - In Kent IMG_0112

Jade - Pretty 3 year old West Highland Terrier - In Kent IMG_0124

FriendsOfTheAnimalsRCT
FriendsOfTheAnimalsRCT
Rescue Representative

Back to top Go down

Post by R8chl Fri Dec 14, 2012 3:22 pm

Reserved subject to Homecheck
R8chl
R8chl

Back to top Go down

Post by Julie Fri Dec 14, 2012 5:11 pm

fingerscrossed1
Julie
Julie
Admin

http://www.rescueaidforanimals.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by R8chl Thu Jan 24, 2013 5:42 pm

Rehomed
R8chl
R8chl

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down