Gorgeous Ginny - Staffie (Newcastle-Upon-Tyne)

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Gorgeous Ginny - Staffie (Newcastle-Upon-Tyne) Empty Gorgeous Ginny - Staffie (Newcastle-Upon-Tyne)

Post by AmyJo on Mon Oct 05, 2009 3:44 pm

Gorgeous Ginny - Staffie (Newcastle-Upon-Tyne) Jinny-2
Ginny is a sweet nine year old Staffordshire Bull Terrier who was rescued by Oldies Club from the pound. She’s currently being fostered in Newcastle, Tyne and Wear, but her foster mum works during the week and Ginny is becoming increasingly anxious at being left. Oldies Club therefore urgently need to hear from people who could offer Ginny a new foster place or a permanent home.

Gorgeous Ginny - Staffie (Newcastle-Upon-Tyne) Jinny4
This is what her current foster mum has to say about her;

Ginny is adorable and loves to sit next to you and have a cuddle or a snooze. When you get up she’ll follow you around, wagging her tail wherever she goes. She’s fine to be left for a few hours at a time, but she gets used to you being at home at the weekend and then gets anxious when she’s left again during the week. When you come home she’s ecstatic and I think her idea of heaven would be a home with someone who can be around most of the day. She’d be perfect in a big family, rather than with one person.

Gorgeous Ginny - Staffie (Newcastle-Upon-Tyne) Jinny-7
Ginny must have come from a loving family as she’s very used to being cuddled and is well trained. She responds well to commands and because she loves her treats it would be easy to teach her new tricks. She isn’t a greedy girl though, she just enjoys her food!

Ginny is very clean in the house and she’s good on walks, both on and off the lead. She’s encountered a few dogs while out walking and she tends to sniff or ignore most, but there have been a couple that she’s grumbled at. She hasn’t met any cats yet, so we’re not sure how she would react to them.

Ginny is quite agile and easily gets in and out of the car, although once you start driving she tends to cry. She’s also very keen on getting into bed with you - trying to get her head under the quilt if she can!! When she’s told “off” she gets straight down though, so is a very good girl.

Ginny is such a lovely girl and she really deserves to be in a home with people around her a lot of the time. She wants nothing more than to be close to someone and to feel loved.

Gorgeous Ginny - Staffie (Newcastle-Upon-Tyne) Jinny-1
Ginny is recovering from a very bad skin condition which affects her ears and feet and she needs ongoing medication for this. She’s currently taking tablets and has to be bathed regularly, but she doesn’t mind this and is very well behaved.

Ginny still needs to be spayed, but Oldies Club will pay for this and any ongoing treatment for her skin condition.

If you can offer Ginny a permanent or new foster home, please refer to our Adoption Procedures for information about the adoption process. You can then contact an Oldies Club rehoming co-ordinator as follows:

Email: rehome@oldies.org.uk
Telephone: 0844 586 8656

Ginny can be rehomed anywhere in the UK, subject to a satisfactory home visit, but note that you will be required to travel to the foster home to meet her. If you can offer Ginny a foster home, Oldies Club can arrange transport.
AmyJo
AmyJo
Rescue Representative

http://www.waggytailsgroomers.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Gorgeous Ginny - Staffie (Newcastle-Upon-Tyne) Empty Re: Gorgeous Ginny - Staffie (Newcastle-Upon-Tyne)

Post by Julie on Mon Oct 05, 2009 4:12 pm

Ginny can not be spayed at present as she has just finished a season.

Last edited by Julie on Mon Oct 05, 2009 7:31 pm; edited 1 time in total
Julie
Julie
Admin

http://www.rescueaidforanimals.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Gorgeous Ginny - Staffie (Newcastle-Upon-Tyne) Empty Re: Gorgeous Ginny - Staffie (Newcastle-Upon-Tyne)

Post by Jacobean on Mon Oct 05, 2009 6:56 pm

Her dear little face and those little crooked teeth bless her.

Ginnie was Winnie on the poundie threads by the way. She's a little cracker and just wants someone with her more of the time.
Jacobean
Jacobean
Rescue Representative

http://www.oldies.org.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Braveheart on Mon Oct 05, 2009 7:38 pm

fingerscrossed1 that Ginny finds a home

I love her little wonky teeth............now that is delightful character xx

Elaine
Braveheart
Braveheart

Back to top Go down

Post by Julie on Mon Oct 05, 2009 7:39 pm

I'm so happy her life was saved and i really wish her well for the future Blow kiss1

fingerscrossed1 you're not waiting too long for your forever home.
Julie
Julie
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by greenowl30 on Mon Oct 05, 2009 7:45 pm

love1 Gorgeous Ginny fingerscrossed1
greenowl30
greenowl30
Rescue Representative

http://www.homeless-hounds.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by mole on Thu Oct 08, 2009 9:35 am

Would take her tomorrow if I didn't have my old girl.

Please can anyone help lovely little Ginny? hugs1
mole
mole

Back to top Go down

Post by minniemoo on Thu Oct 08, 2009 6:50 pm

Oh how lovely is she what a darling hope someone can offer her a home wish I could! fingerscrossed1
minniemoo
minniemoo

Back to top Go down

Post by Missymoo on Thu Oct 08, 2009 7:54 pm

Oh bless her bouncylove1
Missymoo
Missymoo

Back to top Go down

Post by mole on Wed Oct 14, 2009 3:43 pm

bump1

for lovely Ginny bouncylove1
mole
mole

Back to top Go down

Post by mole on Sun Oct 25, 2009 8:41 am

How's the lovely Ginny doing? 181

Any interest? f crossed1
mole
mole

Back to top Go down

Post by olivea on Sun Oct 25, 2009 9:45 am

Ginny is doing well. She's currently snoozing on the settee next to me - her favourite place!! The medication has helped her skin condition and her paws are not as swollen or irritable so looking much better, ears are still bad tho - the vet says it is going to take some time to improve. She's actually getting better at being left, isnt as stressed when I go out and not as frantic when I get back. I think she now feels more "at home". The only issue I have with her is that she doesnt get on with other dogs. Havent seen my sisters 5 dogs since I got her!!!
She is an absolute sweetie and I hope she gets a home soon. I just want her settled somewhere. She's no bother in the house, is very well behaved and spotlessly clean. Doesnt like going into the bath but once in will just stand while I shampoo and rinse her (currently 2/week for her condition).
olivea
olivea

Back to top Go down

Post by mole on Sun Oct 25, 2009 10:42 am

Hi Olive

I've found that lot's of Staffs have skin problems after being in pound kennels ... and rescue kennels as well ... their skin can't cope with the disinfectant used .... which I know can't be helped.

Nev (a member on here) has a foster Staff called Dotty and her skin was very bad when she came out of the pound, she had hair loss and her feet were red raw.

I took a Staff from RSPCA kennels and his feet were the same plus he had infected ears. The vet sorted his ears out reasonably quickly but his feet always needed attention ... I used to soak them regularly with Coatex or other skin stuff and always tried to rinse his feet with warm water (dry them well) every time he came back from a walk in case of allergies.

Nev's Dotty's feet are fine now but he wipes them with no alcohol baby wipes after a walk. Dotty also had to have bath's every few days or so to begin with but I think she's improved so much that she doesn't have to have them now.

Do you leave her with a stuffed Kong when you go out?

I'll pm you some info on Staff ear/feet problems in a minute or two.

Hope we don't put anybody off from offering Ginny a home talking about Staff skin problems cos they are surmountable and these little dogs are so worth it ... they are so loving.

I love1 Staffs. Blow kiss1
mole
mole

Back to top Go down

Post by Jacobean on Sun Oct 25, 2009 3:20 pm

Don't worry about that Kathy as we'll tell anyone who expresses an interest her state of health anyway and need to know anyone offering a home is going to keep up the good level of care that she is currently getting from Olive.
Jacobean
Jacobean
Rescue Representative

http://www.oldies.org.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by olivea on Sun Nov 01, 2009 12:39 pm

Anyone got any advice regarding her dog-aggression? I've never dealt with a dog who was aggressive towards others so not sure if this is something that can be worked on, or whether it's a breed trait and therefore nothing can be done. She growls at male and female dogs and I dont know if I'm making her worse because I'm worried as soon as I see another dog approach her so maybe she's picking up on that.
olivea
olivea

Back to top Go down

Post by Julie on Sun Nov 01, 2009 6:15 pm

I would have a word with the rescue you are fostering for Olive, they will give you some handy hints to try Smile

gl1
Julie
Julie
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by mole on Mon Nov 02, 2009 9:37 am

Have pm'd you olivea.
mole
mole

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Mon Nov 02, 2009 12:59 pm

Hi Olivea ... I will give you a call this week and we will help you with GInny and the agression - i have a staffie myself so will try and give you pointers .. she is a gorgeous girl... I will also give her a free massage and we can chat about Oldies fundraising in the centre :-)

I love her wonky teeth ... Mavis who i just rescued had little wonky teeth and it just melted my heart ... if i try to leave with a big lump up my jumper stop me as I will be trying to pinch her :-)

Back to top Go down

Post by olivea on Mon Nov 02, 2009 1:03 pm

Well she is up for adoption!! Thank you so much, it really is appreciated and look forward to talking to you soon.

You can ring me at home if that is easier, after 5pm is best so that I've walked Ginny and will have time to chat. Look forward to coming to the centre for Ginny's massage and Oldies fundraising.

I've had a look on your website and I'm sooo jealous - you have a fantastic organisation. I would love to do something like that but (a) havent the experience or qualifications; and (b) havent the money!!

Oh well, being part of dog rescue will have to do - it is very rewarding.

Speak soon, and again, thanks :-)
olivea
olivea

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Mon Nov 02, 2009 1:17 pm

Cant wait to meet her ... i am now trying to think of every reason why i shouldnt get her and just cant think of any ... except maybe the husband ... but hey he has coped with the rest :-)

Does anyone want to foster or adopt a well trained husband ... :-)

Back to top Go down

Post by olivea on Mon Nov 02, 2009 1:23 pm

Well, I could adopt him if the business goes with him!!!! Maybe we could swap lives, although I only have 1 dog, a rabbit and a boring job so I think you would get the raw end of the deal. thumb1
olivea
olivea

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Mon Nov 02, 2009 1:42 pm

He he ... you are assuming that he does anything to help with the business and the answer to that woudl be very little ...

he can hoover though :-)

Back to top Go down

Post by olivea on Sat Nov 07, 2009 8:02 pm

Bit of an update on Ginny. Thanks to the fabulous Becky at Bright Paws I spent a couple of hours with her at Bright Paws today, along with Ginny, Oscar 2yr staffy and Bella 4yr dogue de bordeaux. No problems at all, on or off the lead, little bit of a grumble when one of them sniffed at her ears but they are badly affected and possibly sore. So, not an aggressive bitch - just a stupid one - ME!!!! Ive been so worried about her being aggressive that I've made her anxious but luckily it hasnt affected her. She's a little poppet. I would love her to get a permanent home, she's getting very attached to me and she going to have to settle all over again with a new family.
Becky thinks that she could probably live with another calm dog.

She also had a massage this afternoon and now she's sleeping like a log!!

Please please Santa - get Ginny a new home for christmas, she's been such a good girl!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
olivea
olivea

Back to top Go down

Post by mole on Sat Nov 07, 2009 8:23 pm

Good luck gorgeous little Ginny Blow kiss1
mole
mole

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sat Nov 07, 2009 8:31 pm

Hi
Ginny is absolutely gorgeous, she is loving and has a lovely calm nature - she is not dog aggressive and my two were being quite boisterous and she coped really well and had a little run around with them. I think she would be wonderful addition to any family with or without dogs!!

I fell completely in love with her, she is so gorgeous and has such a cute little face .. I am very tempted :-)

I am also looking forward to working with Olive to support the Oldies club locally - we are going to arrange a big fundraiser at the centre and do some advertising and awareness raising

:-)

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next