Rescue Aid For Animals Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

George & Meg - Border Terriers (Bath, Somerset)

3 posters

Go down

George & Meg - Border Terriers (Bath, Somerset) Empty George & Meg - Border Terriers (Bath, Somerset)

Post by AmyJo Sat Oct 09, 2010 1:45 pm

George & Meg - Border Terriers (Bath, Somerset) GeorgeMeg
George and Meg are a pair of simply adorable 9 year old Border Terriers who are in an Oldies Club foster home in Radstock, Somerset, waiting for someone to offer them a permanent home.

Settled quickly: George and Meg settled into their foster home straight away and have been fine to be left for up to 5 hours. Meg is a lively and friendly girl. George is more wary of new things but is very happy to be a lap-dog.

Their perfect home: George and Meg would like a home together, where they are the only pets. They could live with teenagers.

George & Meg - Border Terriers (Bath, Somerset) George_Before_Clip
I’m George and this is me before I went to the groomers!

George & Meg - Border Terriers (Bath, Somerset) MegBeforeClip
I’m Meg and this is me before I went to the groomers!

Out and about: George and Meg enjoy their walks but George in particular barks at other dogs. Their foster carer is working on this and it is improving. Their recall is OK if they know you have treats! They are OK in the car.

Favourite pastimes: George and Meg enjoy playing together. George would like to be a lap-dog. Meg loves her ball and insists on you playing with her. She will put her ball in your lap if need be!

Dislikes: George can come across as rather wary and a little growly at first until he feels secure with his situation. George and Meg don’t seem to be frightened of anything in particular though.

Their perfect home: George and Meg have always lived together and it would be too traumatic for them to be parted now. They are therefore looking for a home together. They need to be the only pets in their new home as they wouldn’t want to live with other dogs and they aren’t good with cats or small furries. They could live with sensible teenagers.

Health notes: George and Meg are neutered, vaccinated, microchipped, wormed and flea-treated. Meg has hip problems but this doesn’t need medication at present. The vet has suggested that in the future she will probably need a pain killer/anti-inflammatory such as Metacam. She can run around and play but she can’t jump on to a chair or into the car without help.

George & Meg - Border Terriers (Bath, Somerset) MegAfterClip
Meg again: this is how I look after a trip to the groomers!

Summing up George: A little feisty and wary at first; then he’s a lovable lap-dog.
Summing up Meg: Fun; playful; loving; a bit feisty.

Summing up the twosome: George and Meg are typical terriers; a bit bolshie with other dogs, but two delightful, amusing little characters to have around. They would be perfect for terrier-experienced owners who will love and adore them.

George & Meg - Border Terriers (Bath, Somerset) George_MegAsleep
Sleeping beauties!

————-

If you can offer George & Meg a permanent home, please refer to our Adoption Procedures for information about the adoption process. You can then contact an Oldies Club rehoming co-ordinator as follows:

Email: rehome@oldies.org.uk
Telephone: 0844 586 8656

They can be rehomed anywhere in the UK, subject to a satisfactory home visit, but note that you will be required to travel to the foster home to meet them.
AmyJo
AmyJo
Rescue Representative

http://www.waggytailsgroomers.co.uk

Back to top Go down

George & Meg - Border Terriers (Bath, Somerset) Empty Re: George & Meg - Border Terriers (Bath, Somerset)

Post by Braveheart Sat Oct 09, 2010 11:26 pm

fingerscrossed1 that these 2 find a home soon

Elaine x
Braveheart
Braveheart

Back to top Go down

George & Meg - Border Terriers (Bath, Somerset) Empty Re: George & Meg - Border Terriers (Bath, Somerset)

Post by AmyJo Sat Nov 06, 2010 4:04 pm

George & Meg are reserved Smile
AmyJo
AmyJo
Rescue Representative

Back to top Go down

Post by Julie Sat Nov 06, 2010 4:04 pm

clap1 f crossed1
Julie
Julie
Admin

http://www.rescueaidforanimals.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by AmyJo Fri Nov 26, 2010 4:26 pm

George & Meg have gone to their new home yahoo1
AmyJo
AmyJo
Rescue Representative

Back to top Go down

Post by Julie Fri Nov 26, 2010 5:36 pm

joy1
Julie
Julie
Admin

http://www.rescueaidforanimals.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down