Rescue Aid For Animals Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Regis - 10 yr old boxer

Go down

Regis - 10 yr old boxer Empty Regis - 10 yr old boxer

Post by Guest Thu Apr 26, 2012 8:35 pm

Contact/organisation details: Boxer Rescue Liverpool
Does the animal have rescue back up?: Yes

Number of animals: 1
Type/Breed/Variety: Boxer
Sex: male
Age(s): 10
Name(s): Regis
Colours: White
Neutered: Yes
Reason for rehoming: Owners emigrating
Temperament: See below
Medical problems: None
Neutering: Animal will be neutered/castrated prior to being rehomed unless for medical reasons. Can this be guaranteed? Yes
Transport available: No

Regis needs a new home home as his owners are emigrating to Australia
Regis is a 10 year old white boy - but he DOES NOT know his age! Some more info from his owners:
I would describe Regis as having a screw loose!! He is an absolute character and everyone loves him. He's very big and boisterous and we do have trouble controlling him when we have visitors because he thinks everyone comes here to see him. I cant fault him with the children, they loved to climb all over him when they were small and he never flinched. He is also very protective over them, if we play fight with them he will shout at us! I think Regis would benefit from going to someone who is used to boxers and will be firm from the word go just to gain good control of him. As I said earlier, we walk him where there are not so many people about just to make life easy. He loves long walks and to swim in the river. He always finds the biggest stick (tree) and drags it around whilst barking at it. I have a tennis ball and racket we take to the field that he likes to play fetch with. He HATES having a wash outside, he prefers a warm bath and loves the hairdryer. We feed him the dry wagg food, and he enjoys a sunday dinner made from the left overs. When we go on holiday he's either gone to kennels or stayed with the grand parents. He's an excellent house dog, fully trained and has never chewed. He does not like the washing machine when its on for some reason!
We always stay clear of other dogs whilst walking or pop him back on the lead when we do see other dogs. This is not because Regis is aggressive but he is so boisterous it normally ends in the other dog wanting to fight or the owners not happy with him.
He has never been around other small animals but does like to case the cats out of the garden and squirrels in the park.
REGIS IS VACCINATED, CHIPPED AND NEUTERED

As Regis is a 'senior' there is no adoption fee for him, but a donation to the rescue would be appreciated

http://www.boxerrescueliverpool.co.uk/applytoadopt.htm

Regis - 10 yr old boxer Regis

Back to top Go down

Regis - 10 yr old boxer Empty Re: Regis - 10 yr old boxer

Post by Braveheart Fri Apr 27, 2012 10:37 pm

Good luck Regis
Braveheart
Braveheart

Back to top Go down