Rescue Aid For Animals Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Panos - handsome young boy, in rescue all his life!

4 posters

Go down

Panos - handsome young boy, in rescue all his life! Empty Panos - handsome young boy, in rescue all his life!

Post by Carmel Sat Jul 23, 2011 11:03 pm

This is Panos. He is a young crossbreed, about 18 months old, and has spent most of that time in a Greek rescue, having been found wandering the streets with his brother at the age of just 10 weeks Crying1

Panos - handsome young boy, in rescue all his life! Panos1

Panos shares his kennel with his brother Thanos and two other dogs, and gets on well with everyone. He is very playful, energetic, sweet and cuddly. He is healthy, neutered and fully vaccinated, weighing in at just 18kg so he's a perfect size!

Panos - handsome young boy, in rescue all his life! Panos5

Panos, like all the other dogs at the shelter, has so much energy and love to give, yet he is lucky if he is walked once a week. The volunteers do their best but have so little time to share out amongst all the dogs who desperately need them.

Panos is one of the very lucky ones - he is being prepared for a life outside Greece so he now has his pet passport and has been microchipped. He is completing his quarantine in the hope that he finds a home in the UK. He will be ready to travel in October. Normally, if there is no firm home offer for a shelter dog with a pet passport, the dog must then stay at the shelter and the opportunity to travel is lost. I can't let that happen, so I have offered to take Panos into foster on behalf of the rescue, and he will stay with me until he finds a loving family of his own.

All costs involved in his transport will be covered by the rescue.

If you think you can offer Panos a new life of freedom and love, please contact us as soon as possible. You can e-mail the rescue on adoptions@friendsofanimals-nf.com or call the shelter in Greece on 0030 694 494 9741. Alternatively send me a PM with your contact details and I will call you.

Panos - handsome young boy, in rescue all his life! Panos7
Carmel
Carmel
Rescue Representative

http://www.friendsofanimals-nf.com/

Back to top Go down

Panos - handsome young boy, in rescue all his life! Empty Re: Panos - handsome young boy, in rescue all his life!

Post by Julie Sat Jul 23, 2011 11:15 pm

Best of luck Panos openarms1
Julie
Julie
Admin

http://www.rescueaidforanimals.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Panos - handsome young boy, in rescue all his life! Empty Re: Panos - handsome young boy, in rescue all his life!

Post by MFH Sat Jul 23, 2011 11:31 pm

Can't see this lovely sounding boy Sad

clap1 Carmel for giving him a chance, if we think the situation in this country is bad we'd die if we saw what goes on in Europe and elsewhere - then the rescue need really does get omg1

fingerscrossed1 he has a loving home all lined up long before October xx

MFH

Back to top Go down

Post by Carmel Sat Jul 23, 2011 11:48 pm

I had some trouble with Photobucket - I can see the pictures in the thread, though?

I can't see how to edit the post so I can take the pics out & start again. Perhaps I should sleep on it and try again tomorrow lol!
Carmel
Carmel
Rescue Representative

Back to top Go down

Post by MFH Sun Jul 24, 2011 12:10 am

Oohh odd, I can see them now, and oh what a GORGEOUS boy love1 , if he's not snapped up I will be amazed. No wonder you couldn't resist!

MFH

Back to top Go down

Post by Roxanne Sun Jul 24, 2011 8:25 pm

aww he's so handsome. I'm literally driving passed the rescue next week from the airport to the villa I'm staying at next week. I'm soo tempted to stop off to say hello to Panos!
Roxanne
Roxanne

Back to top Go down

Post by MFH Sun Jul 24, 2011 9:46 pm

Oooh do, tell him to be patient just a little longer and that as soon as he gets here he has a fantastic life waiting for him Blow kiss1

MFH

Back to top Go down

Post by Carmel Mon Jul 25, 2011 6:24 pm

Roxanne, if you're going to be that close to the rescue you really must pop in and say Hi to all the dogs!!! Panos will have canine company on his travels to the UK - I'll be posting about her later.......

Interested??? rose1

You'll just have to check back in later lol!
Carmel
Carmel
Rescue Representative

Back to top Go down

Post by Roxanne Mon Aug 01, 2011 6:56 am

I went to the rescue yesterday. I couldn't make the times that they usually open to they were amazingly kind and offered to meet me when I was driving through the area. yahoo1

Walked Panos around and he is lovely. Really really friendly, loves his fuss. He was really excited when he was let out of the kennel to be walked. Blow kiss1

They have so many lovely dogs there that would be snapped up if they were in the UK. They were definitely full to bursting point though.
Roxanne
Roxanne

Back to top Go down

Post by Carmel Mon Aug 01, 2011 9:24 am

Oh Roxanne, thank you so much for visiting! The rescue is, as you say, full to bursting. It is such a shame that all these lovely dogs are wasting their lives away in a country that has very little regard for pets of any kind. Crying1

I am looking forward to meeting Panos so much in October - and if he is lucky enough to have a home offer so he doesn't need to come into foster I'll be there to meet both him and his new family!!! joy1
Carmel
Carmel
Rescue Representative

Back to top Go down

Post by Carmel Fri Sep 16, 2011 10:10 pm

Just bumping this young boy. He is due to arrive in the UK in mid-October. Everything the rescue say about him amounts to one thing - he's perfect! Get in touch soon if you'd like to meet him......
Carmel
Carmel
Rescue Representative

Back to top Go down

Post by Julie Fri Sep 16, 2011 10:45 pm

Carmel wrote:Just bumping this young boy. He is due to arrive in the UK in mid-October. Everything the rescue say about him amounts to one thing - he's perfect! Get in touch soon if you'd like to meet him......

Blow kiss1
Julie
Julie
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Carmel Tue Oct 25, 2011 11:23 pm

Panos has gone home!! This gorgeous boy arrived in the UK on 11th October and was collected from me by his new mum the following day. He has travelled to North Yorkshire, where he is being spoilt rotten, and loving every minute!
Chicken Dance 1
Carmel
Carmel
Rescue Representative

Back to top Go down

Post by Julie Tue Oct 25, 2011 11:30 pm

celebrate1 waytogo1 Panos Blow kiss1

goldstar1 Carmel joy1
Julie
Julie
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down